Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm half way there.. kind of...

I really should start writing something different for my posts... but damn I haven't updated in a long time....! (I wonder who actually reads my blog, and notices... hahahaha..)

So, it's July 6th, and I've officially been in Fukuoka for 6 months. A lot has happened since the last time I posted... so I don't even know where to start... Well, first of all, I got sold out by my own parents, and Mammy and Daddy are no longer visiting me and taking me to Okinawa in August... (T_T) It seems like they don't miss me very much, because whenever I Skype home, I get responses like "Oh it's grandma's TV time right now..! If you want to talk to her you should've called earlier...", or "What? I am cooking! Why don't you try again in an hour when we finish dinner and your dad finish washing the dishes...?" So... I guess they don't miss me that much afterall. God, I love my parents. XD

The past couple of months have actually been kind of a blur. It's almost like it didn't happen. All I remember is going back to Hong Kong during Golden Week, and BAM, all of a sudden it was my best friend's wedding and I was back in Vancouver. Somewhere in there was a weekend to Busan and a trip to Kagoshima... Maybe it was because I was busy trying to finish my project management course, or maybe because I just wanted June to be over so I can go back to Vancouver... hahaha...

Busan shopping district at night

The wedding last weekend was just insane. I am not sure how my body kept up with me, but I am glad it did. I think in 4 days, I must have slept less than 10hrs. On the actual day of my best friend's wedding, I was awake for like 30hrs, before finally passing out on my flight from SFO-HNL. Seeing my best friend get married is certainly one thing I would not give up the world for, and it was so amazing for me to finally see her in this stage in her life. I am truly happy for her that she found someone she is so happy and in love with. A million memories crossed my mind as I see her walk down the aisle. It's been so many years and we've had so many fights, but I still love her to death, and I am just glad she is in good hands. ^_^

Going back also made me realize how much I actually miss my friends. They say you don't realize what you have until it is gone.... well, I certainly feel that way. I really didn't understand how much my friends meant to me, until sh*t went down, they were still all there to support me. I've been away for a while, but that certainly didn't mean they've become more distant in anyway. I can't really explain how I feel with words... but... you guys are the greatest friends that any girl could ask for. Surely I am the luckiest girl in the world to have friends like you guys...! *group hug!!!*

Blog-appropriate picture from the wedding (sort of). I love my crazy friends <3

All in all, my time here in Fukuoka is everything like I imagined. I miss my friends, and I miss my family, but nothing has really been unexpected.... All I can say, is that this is truly changed how I see myself. I definitely know myself better now and I am a happier person. HAVING SAID THAT, I have NO IDEA when I am coming back. As of right now, I am half way done my contract... but... it looks like I will be staying longer.... so... come visit me if you miss me!! o(^v^)o

Take care, my friends, wherever you are~!

2 comments:

  1. That wedding... sounds vaguely familiar. :P
    We miss you too Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know your parents have gotten used to you being gone when you tell them you're coming back and the answer is "Why?".

    ReplyDelete