Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BFFDs

I have two BFFDs - Best Friend Forevah Dudes. I've known both of them for a very very long time. I can quite honestly say, they probably know me better than I do. You know how sometimes a girlfriend will ask her boyfriend "If I fell in the water with your mother, who would you save first?!?"? Well, I'm glad they both know how to swim, because if they both fell in the water, I wouldn't know what to do but cry. I wouldn't know how to choose.

These two ladies are so special to me. I don't think they know each other (very well) and they may not have much in common, but one thing they do have in common is their determinationand their never-ending motivation to follow their dreams. Nothing stands between them and what they believe in.

A very exciting news came from one of them today - she got shortlisted out of 2000+ applicants to go on the Travel Volunteer program from Tourism Japan. One volunteer is picked to spend 101 days in Japan, going all 47 prefectures, and blogging about his/her experience. She got shortlisted! She is off to Japan for an interview in 2 weeks...!!! And this can potentially turn into a 3-month adventure, once-in-a-lifetime experience! This is GREAT NEWS! I was so happy for her when I heard the news. I also reflected upon myself when I heard the news. What's so different between her and I? The difference is she tried. She always gives her best shot - she takes nothing lightly. Looking at her accomplishments (she has had many!) remind me that I need to always try my best and believe that I can do it. I have nothing to lose!

And the other one, well she's a fighter too! But I will leave that for a story another day...

Thanks, my bestests, for always being my inspiration. I love you!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey I nvr u had such a page ... Couldn't sleep so checked out ur blog. Eden, I think u definitely have come a long way since I've met u. Have a bit confidence in urself cus u do have the potential :)

    ReplyDelete