Friday, August 5, 2011

Quickie Meal


I've been meaning to try this bowl udon that's been hiding in my drawer for a couple of weeks at work... and I conveniently forgot my lunch today, so I thought I'd give it a try!

Japanese Fresh Udon

I forgot to take a picture of the packaging inside, but you will find 1x udon (fresh, not dried), 1x liquid soup base, and 1x dried toppings. So, you put everything in the bowl, add hot water, and microwave for 3 mins. Then, you get this!

Tadaaah! Soup noodles!

The udon turned out better than I thought! I think the soup base is pretty acceptable - it tastes like a dashi / soy sauce soup base, which is pretty decent. The texture of the udon was fine, slightly on the soft side, but otherwise there are no complains..!

I bought that for ~$2.50 at some Asian supermarket, and from now on this should be one of my emergency-food-of-choice at the office! I mean, it's not spectacular, but sometimes you go to Japanese restaurants and they serve you udon in some chicken soup stock and boiled frozen chop suey broccoli and bean sprout mix... and then they charge you $7.95 for it. This soup, is much better than that. And, though more expensive, it's definitely a healthier choice than instant noodles (deep fried & MSG). Plus, for $2.50, it's cheaper than any other lunch options available on campus...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment