Sunday, August 16, 2015

Super Fluffy Pancake Recipe!!

In search of フワフワ Japanese pancakes, I managed to adjust a recipe I found online and made awesome pancakes. I present to you: Super Fluffy Pancake Recipe (4 pancakes, size of hand)!!

Combine in a bowl (I just used a wooden spoon):
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125mL milk (I used ~40mL half & half and ~90mL 1%)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla

Sift into another bowl:

- ¾ cup multipurpose flour (sifted before I measured)
- ¾ tsp baking powder (sifted before I measured)

Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. I only used about 90% of the wet ingredients, so you might need to eyeball the consistency as desired.

Scoop onto a hot frying pan on medium heat. The first couple of pancakes didn’t rise enough – I think it’s because it wasn’t on a hot pan.


When bubbles start to break, flip. You should see the pancake rise quite a bit after the flip! When the sides are not wet, remove.

They taste kind of like an actual cake, it’s pretty awesome ☺

Pardon my half-eaten egg bits.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment