Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Settling into my new home

First post in February!!

Wow... it's been over 2 weeks since I last blogged... I must apologize - ever since I moved to my new home I have been deprived of internet access...!! Now that I finally got tethering figured out on my new phone, I am connected again!! ^_^

The past 2 weeks were kind of crazy. I finished my initial training, and moved into my apartment! It might kind of surprise some of you, but actually I'm kind of OCD when it comes to cleaning things and putting things away. I only tend to give up when it gets overly messy and I can't deal with it... in which case I just leave it and ignore it =.=". Anyways, I spend 1 whole weekend scrubbing my apartment, going to the local 100yen shop to buy storage compartments, obtaining kitchenware and things I need around the house... I was FINALLY ready to unpack my suitcase and move in!! That was such a happy happy day!!! And now.... ladies and gentlemen.... I present to you.... pictures of my tiny apartment!!


My kitchenette! You can't see it, but it's complete with a happy face sponge ^.^



My bathroom! The toilet is in a separate room, lol. It's also across the hall from my kitchenette. ^^"


My living space. I sleep on the futon next to my couch ^_^. Yes, the futon is on hardwood floor...

The view from my living room to the doorway. Bathroom on the left, kitchenette and laundry closet on the right.

I really enjoyed cleaning and organizing my apartment! Even though my there isn't a lot of space, it's a lot of fun thinking of innovative ways to store things. A hook here, and a rack there, an viola! Everything in the right place. I think I've been guilty of abusing my living space in Vancouver... my room is probably bigger than my current apartment, filled with crap I don't need. I also didn't use my space very efficiently. I can't believe I used to tell my parents that there is "no room" to store all my stuff. Argh... I feel so ashamed... lol. I'm proud to say that I'm keeping my apartment in good shape everyday, since if I don't there's literally no space to walk around lol.

The area around my apartment is awesome. I live 5mins walking distance from work and the train station (the two are next to each other). Inside the train station there is a small shopping arcade for clothes and such, as well as a supermarket and plenty of places to eat. Next to my apartment building there's a 24hr supermarket, where I've been wasting tonnes of money (I use the fact that I just moved in as an excuse, and buy things like soy sauce, cooking oil, sugar, salt.... it apparently all adds up!!!), and I am within walking distance to things like banks, post offices, gym, pool etc. I'm so happy that the location is so convenient!

I hereby officially declare that I've settled into my new home! Yay!!! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment