Saturday, August 24, 2013

Fairy Tales

Why does it feel like there's no place I can call home? This world is so big, surely there is a little place for me me to stay...

I guess that's the problem is that this world is too vibrant. There are so many places I want to go still and so many places I want to see. Every place has some things that I love, and every place has something I hate.

I am also not from any place.I left my birthplace too early to call it home. I came to the place where I grew up too late to call that home. 

I... don't belong... anywhere

I somewhat feel happy for those people who can settle into one place and can call one place home. They say home is where the heart is, and right now, my heart pretty much anywhere but here. I feel as if I am drifting all over this rock just to find this feeling of home. The ironic thing is, it seems like the harder I look, the further this concept is away from me...

I guess some people also just settle because it's easier. It's scary to let go of what you know for sure, and to venture into the unknown. They are just happier to have a place they can call home, and just happier that things are more "stress-free" in general. I have a job, I have a place to live, I am content. What can be better than this? What can possibly go wrong..?

But I just want an adventure! I want to see all the colours this world has. I don't want to be colourblind. I don't want to read other people's stories, watch TV, read novels, and be green with envy because really I wish I had the fairy tale-life they have exploring the world... I guess I am really hopelessly romantic that I really want to find a place that takes my breath away...



So f*ck it.... I am writing my own fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment