Tuesday, August 20, 2013

福間海岸 Fukuma Seaside Park

"いっらしゃいませ (irrashaimase)!!" said the cafe owner.

I jumped out from my seat. "You are finally here!" I said to him. Naturally, I just ran towards him and gave him a really, really, big hug. I thought to myself, I don't care what anyone says: right now, you are mine.

---

I've been sitting at this cafe for about 2 hours now. I saw my friend's post on Facebook about Fukuma Beach, and wanted to go see it for myself. I asked if he wanted to come, but he said he was busy. I knew who he was with; if he wasn't with her, he would ask me to hang out with him.

I took the JR from Hakata Station. On the express trains, it took about 23mins to get to Fukuma. Fukuma Station is a big stop somewhere between Hakata and Kokura, so unless you take the limited express, you can't miss the stop. From the station, it was about a 25min-walk to the beach. The walk wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the terrible heat and humidity, but my iPod and cold tea eased the pain a bit. When I finally walked up to the coast, I couldn't believe the amazing coastline we have in Kyushuu!

Fukuma Seaside Park

It was a Sunday, but the beach wasn't very busy (I guess the stretch of beach was pretty long, and everyone was spread out). Many people were surfing in this area. There were lots of shops that offered surfing lessons, banana boat rides, and other marine sports. I got tired of walking around eventually, and found myself a nice little cafe that looked like a house.

Cafe Caprice, Fukuma Beach

The cafe had a little garden / patio that faced the beach. I sat there for a few minutes under the umbrella to relax a bit. The owner was really nice! I asked the owner if I could order the "special latte" from the menu without any whipped cream (it was supposed to come with whipped cream and ice cream), and he said: "OK, I"ll just charge you for a regular latte then! You can have the ice cream for free. ^_^" About 3 mins later, the owner came back with my latte, with 2 HUGE SCOOPS of ice cream in it! I was sooo happy! I took a sip of my latte and just sat with my eyes closed for a bit. The sea breeze was the best air conditioner, and the waves were the best background music. Everything was perfect, except he wasn't here.

"It's so pretty here!!! Where are you?" I wrote to him in a text message.

"Ohhh. Really? I'm kind of busy." He replied.

Duh, I know you are. "Come over come over come over! See..!! It's so nice here! You can make it to watch the sunset with me!!!" I said, along with a picture. I always liked whining to him, because I knew he would spoil me. He would never say no.

But I knew I put him on the spot. Typing. Silence. Typing. Silence. Typing. This repeated on my screen about 20 times before I finally got a reply.

"Ok, I can come in 30mins. Wait for me - don't go anywhere...!"

"Yay! Just in time to give me a ride home after we watch the sunset. ^_^" I replied.

He didn't really ask me where I was, probably because he knew from my check-in on Facebook. And as per instructed, I didn't go anywhere. I just sat round the patio, read a book, and took pictures of everything around me. 

Mint garden in the patio at the cafe

I wonder if the cafe owner thought I was some sort of a tourist travel blogger, or he just felt kind of sorry for me for being by myself on such a lovely afternoon. "Free service, for  you!" The owner said with a smile on his face as he puts a mango smoothie next to me. He was such a nice guy! I offered to pay for the drink because it was so delicious, but he just shook his head and smiled and said: "だいじょうぶよ (daijoubu yo)!" So I took a big sip and relaxed...

...I must have fallen asleep. I didn't even realized he messaged me to check if I was still there. I jumped a little when I heard someone come through the door just now.

---

I guess he was kind of happy to see me, but I can see that he was also kind of upset that I made him come out here. And he is right - he knows I can get my way with him, so I deliberately act difficult to catch his attention. And you know what? Every time he gives it to me. I'm sure he got into a huge fight with her to come out though, so I'm not sure why he does this every time. I guess draining each other emotionally is how we have learned to deal with each other.

I didn't say anything else to him after he came. We just sat next to each other and stared at the ocean. I'm not sure how much time has past, but the sun finally set. It was quite magnificent.

"I'll take you home." He finally said. I didn't put up a fight. I just followed after him as he walked out of the cafe. He dropped me off at home, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

These words never came out of my mouth, but I guess he felt it...

Thank you for such a wonderful day... and, how I wish... that you really were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment