Monday, March 17, 2014

Smoothies Under 300kcal: Banana Almond Smoothie

So recently I've been making a smoothie almost everyday. These are delicious treats that I make for breakfast, for dessert, or anytime during the day when I feel like a energizing snacks! They are filled with vitamins and minerals, and will keep you fueled for like the energizer bunny! I just throw things in a blender and see how it turns out. Today's experiment turned out well, so I thought I'd share my findings with you!

I present to you... Banana Almond Smoothie!

- 200mL skimmed milk
- 80mL fat-free yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 15mL almond butter
- 1 banana

Blend yogurt and almond butter together (put the yogurt in first, so the almond butter doesn't stick to the bottom of the blender).

Add milk and banana. Blend some more!


And within 5 minutes, you have a nutritional breakfast ready to go! Pour it in the mug, and enjoy it while you are stuck in traffic on your way to work!

Optional:
- Add 2 dark chocolate squares to curb that sweet tooth of yours
- Freeze banana overnight to give the smoothie a thicker texture

Here's the best part - it's drink is only 298 calories, and it's packed with protein, calcium, and iron!

Who says healthy can't be delicious? =D Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment